tori holder

Monday, January 30, 2012

serigraphy, yo

Okay, so I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I am actually an idiot at art. Fancy terminology? Know none of it. Fancy supplies? Don't got 'em. Sense of decorum and/or shame? Never heard of it. Hence, when two of my program courses got cancelled and I need to pick new ones, I went with the biggest, fanciest term I could find in the course listing. Without having the slightest clue what it was. Turns out, it is just a fancy name for "a course on silkscreening". And yes, very art-smart people, I know, serigraphy is not only silkscreening, but all we're focusing on in the course is photoemulsion-based silkscreening, so that's that. Anyhow, here's the first color combo of the first print of some idiot (me). Not bad, eh?

Oh, and it's based off of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment