tori holder

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

hey-hey-look-at-me / please pick up after your dog

So today I made the occasionally wretched trek over to the internet, checked my email, logged onto facebook and twitter (btw, if you read this and are like "oh I want to friend her" please don't, I only friend those whom I am actually friends with and then feel bad deleting the requests of those people who are like "be my friend person who doesn't know/can't recall me"...I am pretty good at checking out my twitter followers and comments here, so if you'd like to forge a fake friendship with me that way, do it to it!) But after deleting the requests of the people I didn't know, noting that my kinda-sad number of followers remained the same, and then getting into one of those little chat conversation things with a friend of mine about some new artwork he posted, I just got that ennui internet feeling, which turned into an almost revelation. Because in the conversation, I'd said something to the effect of "looking at other people's creative productivity makes me feel like I'm pretty much awful" and Sam was like "stop your self-deprecating bullshit, it's annoying" (except that he's far too nice so it was probably full of kind and cutesy words no one really uses, by the way you should go to the "rad places on internet" tabn after reading every single post here and find his blog's link, so you can look at something, you know, good) and isn't it just the same way with social media, blogs, or even the frequency of your phone rings.. just because you're (and by all you-terms, I mean me) not the most popular, famous, competent, talented person in the universe; well, there must be something grievously wrong with you, isn't there? I mean, why aren't people hanging on your every word like any insert-name-here you can think of? And then you realize how utterly dumb you sound. So that's it, I'm me, you're you, and I will do my best to be a better person pretend you're important if you do the same.

Unrelated in every way here's a little piece of paper on the side of the table while taking time off the computer drawing, I apologize for the poor quality...I love drawing lightly in pencil, but my scanner hates it.

No comments:

Post a Comment