tori holder

Friday, October 14, 2011

just a little something to keep me occupied

Okay, so in past posts, I've been letting some of my more 'controversial' beliefs come up and then each time saying "Oh I won't do that again, I don't want to alienate anyone", but here it goes again. Here's a poster I did for Occupy Walla Walla! Yes, unlike OWS, we won't be camping out for weeks (at least not at this point) and we're in a little nowhere town, but that's just the point:our voices are valuable because we want to use them for some rational discussion about the state of our town and nation. That want, and acting on it, is not "extremist" or "disruptive" or "anti-American", in fact it is one of the most American things we can do to share our opinions, draw attention to our grievances, and work together to try and come up with solutions. Every "Occupy" event has its own way of doing things and its own meaning, and it just so happens that ours involves an optional potluck and jam session. So if you're in Walla Walla on Sunday, stop by. Whatever your opinions are, we'd love to hear them. Or check out occupy together to find an event near you.

Also, I'm posting it just like I post other posters/flyers I do, as a functional appropriation of all the doodling I do..think the guitar turned out great on this! (there's also a Spanish version of this floating around, also by me, layout and content is essentially the exact same thing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment