tori holder

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

workspace

Okay, so I took a few days off, in which I meant to get a lot done (which if you count catching up on over a week's worth of sleep in the past 4 days, watching a lot of movies and tv shows, and making serious head way on my Halloween costume a lot, then I did. Spent the first half of today cleaning/organizing my place, got very stressed out (it's always emotionally jarring for me when it gets the the time of year where I have to put away the shorts to make room for sweaters) and so I did what I usually do when I get all yucked up, I put on a good record, spend the A side just lying down, thinking calm and happy thoughts, and then when it's time to flip the record, I get up and do something. In this case, Wilco's A.M. and drawing. And then i realized that my room right now might be the best creative space I've ever had. It's kind of spacious (bigger than my old place but not too big), colorfully decorated, and just a little bit on the chilly side (if I get too warm I just fall asleep). So here are some pictures of where my brain does its thing (some product of this space to be posted later tonight, early tomorrow).




Yes, I do ofttimes pull the little extra-space board out of the desk and use it as a giant clipboard. And yes that is not Wilco's A.M., it's Belle & Sebastian's The Boy with the Arab Strap..good job that one guy who thought he'd caught the vinyl incongruity in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment